PLNOG 23 Regulations
These regulations specify the terms of the conference website PLNOG 23, available through the electronic address www.plnog.pl and is an integral part of the agreements concluded by PROIDEA through the Service.
I. General provisions
2. Any and all rights to the name of the Service, its graphic and functional concept, rights to any text and graphic elements used within the Service, except for elements procured from third parties (including but not limite to wordmarks of partners, media partners, sponsors, partner conferences etc.) shall belong to PROIDEA and may be used solely on the basis of the consent (licence) granted by PROIDEA.
3. Legal basis for these Rules and Regulations shall, including but not limited to, constitute: a. Act. of 29 August 1997 on Protection of Personal Data;
b. Act of 18 July 2002 on Providing Services by Electronic Means;
c. Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code; d. Act of 30 May 2014 on Consumer Rights.
4. In the matters related to the use of the Service or participation in the Conference, the User may contact PROIDEA via electronic mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, via telephone at the following number: (+48)506 804 564
II. Certain Defined Terms
For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations the following terms shall have the following meaning:
1. Service – shall mean the Internet website at www.plnog.pl which contains the information related to the Conference and enables registration as the Conference Participant or Conference Speaker through the Platform.
2. PROIDEA – the organizer of PLNOG. PROIDEA sp. z o.o. with registered office in Kraków at ul. Łabędzia 9, 30-651 Kraków, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained at the District Court for Kraków Śródmieście in Kraków, National Court Register with the KRS number: 0000448243, NIP number: 6793088842, with the initial capital in the amount of PLN 10,000.00, paid up in full.
3. Conference – conference of the telecommunications industry under the name PLNOG 23 organized by PROIDEA in Krakow, Hotel Metropolo by Golden Tulip – (Orzeszkowa 11, 30-422 Krakow).
4. User – an adult natural person using the Service.
5. Agenda – defined by PROIDEA detailed Conference program published within the Service after having confirmed some or all the Speakers. Agenda is published for informative purposes only and may be subject to change.
6. Participant – an adult person entitled to participate in the Conference and obtain additional benefits, specified in detail in point IV of the Regulations. An underage person may be a Participant only after obtaining the consent of PROIDEA. Persons under 18 years of age may be allowed to participate in PLNOG after prior verification by the Organizer (only with the consent and under the care of a legal guardian).
Please contact e-mail address: email@example.com.
7. Speaker – an adult natural person authorized to deliver a lecture during the Conference, selected by PROIDEA in accordance with the procedure referred to in point V of the Regulations.
8. Student – a person who is under 26 years of age, continues education at the University, holding a valid student ID.
9. Platform – a website available at https://plnog23.evenea.pl, which is redirected from the Website in order to register for participation in the Conference as a Participant or Speaker (Registration). The redirection to the Platform takes place when you click on the „Registration” tab on the Website and after starting the Registration process on the Website. The platform is offered as part of the website maintained by the Evenea Event Labs sp. o.o. with headquarters in Warsaw.
1. Using the Service and all of its functions requires access to the Internet and application of a standard Internet browser.
2. In order to guarantee safety for data transfers via the Service, PROIDEA shall apply any and all technical and organizational measures adequate for the level of threat related to the use of Service.
3. The User shall be obliged to observe the prohibition of overuse of the Service, including but not limited to:
a. providing content that causes interruptions in the functioning of the Service or an overload thereof, alternatively, of the systems used by entities that participate directly or indirectly in the provision of services via electronic means;
b. providing content that may infringe personal rights of third parties, copyright, intellectual property rights, entrepreneurial secrets or those that may in any way infringe the legal governance in force or public decency;
c. providing content that contains computer viruses and other malware like: worms, trojan horses, keyloggers or other;
d. providing content that causes sending unsolicited by the recipients commercial information (SPAM) or other content forbidden by law
IV. Participation in the Conference as a Participant.
1. Participation in the Conference as the Conference Participant entitles said person to take part in any and all sessions listed in the Agenda as well as to obtain additional benefits, as defined in detail in section IV.2. of the Rules and Regulations.
2. Additionally, each Participant shall be entitled to the following:a. receive one set of conference materials;
b. take part in coffee and lunch breaks organized by PROIDEA on each of the days of the Conference. Catering shall be provided by PROIDEA;
c. enter the Conference After-party organized by PROIDEA.
PROIDEA may provide the Participant with conference gadgets on the terms set out by PROIDEA in mailing or other communications.
3. Participation in the Conference as a Participant is payable. The cost of participation depends on the time you apply. The cost of participation is indicated in the price list available through the registration form.
4. The cost indicated in point IV.3. Refers to the participation of one person in the Conference.
5. Participation in the Conference as a Participant with a student entry is payable. The cost of a student ticket is lower than the standard ticket, according to the information contained in the registration form.
6. A participant with a student pass is entitled to access all lectures indicated in the Agenda, to receive an ID and a conference wristband.
7. A participant with a student pass is entitled to take part in coffee breaks and lunches on each day of the Conference, take part in competitions, if they are organized during the Conference, and other conference activities.
8. During the evening event, entrance fee entitles the student to enter the premises to use the Open Bar and refreshments.
9. Participation in the role of a student will be verified immediately after registration of the Participant, based on a scan or a photo of a valid student ID. Student Entry granted to people under 26 years at the time of ticket purchase.
10. The cost indicated in point IV.3. will be increased by the amount of VAT due, except for cases where, after registration, the User provided PROIDEA to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, a statement on financing the participation in the Conference from public funds.
11. Payments for participation in the conference can be made in the Polish currency.
12. The User submits the participation in the Conference as a Participant by completing and sending the Participant’s registration form made available on the Website.
13. Each participant is obliged to wear the armband and conference identifier in a visible place for PROIDEA (or is obliged to show them each time after the request of PROIDEA), throughout the duration of the Conference. Lack of the band or ID authorizes PROIDEA to ask the Participant from the conference area. The participant may not provide another person with his conference ID or band, while the conference ticket is personal and is assigned to a specific Participant. Each Participant in the Conference area should have a paper or electronic ticket with them to show it to PROIDEA.
14. In the Participant registration form available on the Platform and on the Website, the User provides the following data: name and surname; e-mail address (For this e-mail address you will receive a ticket, information about the conference organization, before party and after party, therefore please provide a direct and valid e-mail address); Phone number; and optionally also the user name on the Twitter social network, information from where he learned about the Conference, information which prompted him to participate in the Conference and other comments, as well as the following invoice details: company name, address, zip code, city, optional: Tax ID. The company name and tax identification number are given to obtain an invoice when the application is submitted to a company (a legal person, an organizational unit without legal personality but having legal capacity, a natural person running a business). In the registration form, the User also gives the rebate code (if the User received it). If the User, despite having a rebate code, does not provide this code during the registration, he loses the right to obtain a rebate, and the registration takes place on the terms of payment indicated in the pricelist referred to in point. IV.3.
16. Receiving by PROIDEA the offer referred to in point. IV.15., Is confirmed by sending, via the Platform, to the User’s e-mail address of the e-mail confirming the registration. Upon sending this message to the User, between PROIDEA and the User, or a legal person represented by the User, a contract for participation in the Conference is concluded.
17. The Regulations provide for the following methods of payment:
a. On-line payment: payment by credit card. The payment method supported by PayPal and Dotpay Sp. z o.o.
b. offline payment: payment by electronic transfer. Within 7 days from the date of PROIDEA registration in the case of making an offline payment, it will provide a pro forma invoice to the User’s e-mail address. Payments for participation in the Conference should be made on the date and on the PROIDEA invoice number indicated on the pro forma invoice.
The payment may be made immediately after receiving confirmation from PROIDEA, referred to in point. IV.16., To the bank account number of PROIDEA indicated in the e-mail message sent to the User, or via online payment systems (id: email@example.com).
18. Lack of payment for participation in the Conference does not mean resignation from participation, and the User or persons proposed to participate in accordance with point. IV.16. they retain the right to participate in the Conference; in the absence of resignation under the conditions specified in the Regulations, PROIDEA retains the right to payment. PROIDEA, in the event of non-payment by the date indicated on the invoice, may withdraw from the contract for participation in the Conference without additional calls or setting an additional payment date.
19. A user who is a consumer (ie. a natural person who performs a legal act not directly related to his business or professional activity and has full legal capacity [understood as an unmanaged adult person who may perform legal acts on their own behalf]) is entitled to withdraw from the contract concluded with PROIDEA without incurring any costs and without giving reasons within 14 days from the date of conclusion of the contract in accordance with the provisions of point. IV.16. The declaration of withdrawal from the contract takes place in writing. The User may use the specimen statement attached to these Regulations.
20. Subject to point IV.19. The User who paid for participation in the event is entitled to resign from participation in the Conference within the deadline of 23/08/2019 by sending PROIDEA a written statement of resignation in the form of a registered letter to the address of PROIDEA. The term is considered to be preserved if the registered letter is given in the above time.
In the event of resignation referred to in this provision, PROIDEA will refund to the User the amount corresponding to the payment made for the participation of the Conference. The refund will be made within 30 days, based on a correcting invoice accepted by the User.
21. A user who has not paid for participation in the event is entitled to resign from participation in the Conference not later than September 13, 2019 by sending PROIDEA a written statement of resignation in electronic form to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. PROIDEA allows changes to be made on the list of participants. Information about the change of the Participant should be notified to PROIDEA within no less than 5 days before the start of the conference. The change of the Participant requires re-filling the registration form and providing the User with information on the change of the Participant to the e-mail address: email@example.com, along with an indication of the persons affected by the change.
23. During the Conference, PROIDEA can conduct photo and video sessions. Participation in the event is combined with consent to the use of the image of each Participant, information and promotional materials of PROIDEA. A person who does not express such consent is obliged to inform PROIDEA by sending an appropriate e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, after registration and before the beginning of the Conference.
V. Participation in the Conference as a Speaker.
Entrants wanting to participate in the Conference as a Speaker by completing and sending PROIDEA electronic registration form of the Speaker available on the Website.
In the speaker’s registration form, the User provides the following data: name and surname; e-mail adress; phone number; e-mail; home country; company name; position, shortened biography (bio); type of session, lecture title; category; the degree of presentation difficulty; abstract; duration; language of speech. The User enters the photograph in digital form to the form.
PROIDEA sends a confirmation of receipt of the notification to the e-mail address provided by the User in the speaker registration form.
Participation in the conference as a Speaker depends on the evaluation of the submitted application by PROIDEA. The evaluation of submitted applications and selection of Speakers is performed by the Program Board appointed by the PROIDEA. The PROIDEA will inform the User about the evaluation of the application by e-mail.
In the case of obtaining a positive assessment of the application, the Speaker is obliged to prepare and send to the email address of PROIDEA, no later than 14 days before the date of the Conference. The speaker is solely responsible for all content included in the presentation.
By submitting the application, the User grants PROIDEA a non-exclusive license to use the materials provided to PROIDEA in connection with participation in the conference – abstracts in Polish and English, PROIDEA sent to the presentation as well as Speaker’s speeches during the Conference. The consent also includes the use of the image of the Speaker („Rights”).
The license includes:
a) in the field of recording and reproduction – recording and reproduction of Rights by any technique, including printing, reprographic and digital techniques, on all types of media, including CD and semiconductor carriers, as well as entering and sending Rights to the memory of IT systems;
b) in the scope of dissemination – leasing, lending and placing on the market of carriers on which the Rights were recorded;
c) in the scope of dissemination in a way other than indicated in item b) above – making available in such a way that everyone has access to the Rights in the place and time of their choice, displaying, broadcasting and rebroadcasting, both terrestrial and satellite, broadcasting Rights in the streaming system, both live as well as on request.
The license is granted subject to obtaining a positive assessment of the notification in accordance with V.3. above.
Participation in the Conference as a Speaker requires registration also as a Participant.
The speaker, who has been accepted by the Program Board, may be replaced by another Speaker, if it comes from the same company, shows the same material and the session has exactly the same technical or commercial profile and if the change is immediately forwarded to PROIDEA.
PROIDEA has the right to refuse a replacement if any of the above elements are not met.
The speaker who did not report a change or change was not accepted by PROIDEA may be charged with a financial penalty equivalent to the cost of the sponsoring session.
VI. Personal Data
The administrator of personal data is PROIDEA sp. o.o. with headquarters in Krakow, ul. Łabędzia 9, 30-651 Kraków, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków under KRS number 0000448243, tax identification number NIP: 6793088842, with share capital in the amount of PLN 10,000, paid in full.
PROIDEA processes the personal data of the Participant, provided in the participant registration form, for the purpose related to the conclusion and performance of the contract for participation in the Conference. The basis for the processing of personal data is Article 23 par. 1 point 3 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data.
PROIDEA may process the personal data of the Participant for marketing purposes related to the presentation of the business and the offer of PROIDEA and its partners, if these persons consented to it by ticking the appropriate box in the Participant registration form. In the case of registration made for the company, PROIDEA may process for this purpose only the personal data of the reporting person who may consent to it by ticking the appropriate box in the registration form of the Participant. The processing of personal data of the submitted Participants is based on the consent given through the confirmation form of participation in the Conference. The consent of the Participant to the processing of data in the above-mentioned scope is fully voluntary and is not a condition of reporting participation in the Conference.
PROIDEA processes personal data of Users who have requested to participate in the Conference as Speakers, for purposes related to the evaluation of submitted applications and the selection of Speakers, as well as for purposes related to the participation of the Speaker in the Conference. Consent is given by ticking the appropriate field in the speaker application form and is fully voluntary, although it is a condition of making a request to participate in the Conference as a Speaker.
Persons referred to in point IV and V have the right to inspect their personal data and correct them.
Apart from the cases mentioned above, PROIDEA provides personal data in cases where mandatory legal provisions require it.
1. Any complaints may be submitted by the User to the e-mail address email@example.com or in writing to the address of the PROIDEA office.
2. The complaint concerning the conduct of the Conference may be submitted within 14 days after the end of the Conference. The date of receipt of the complaint to PROIDEA is considered the date of submitting the complaint.
3. Complaints submitted after the deadline specified in point VII.2. will not be considered.
4. PROIDEA undertakes to consider the complaint within 14 days from the date of its submission. If PROIDEA does not respond to the complaint within the above-mentioned time limit, it is deemed that it considered the complaint, i.e. it considered the User’s statement or request justified.
VIII. Order rules
Participants and Speakers at the Conference are obliged to behave in a way that does not endanger the safety of other Participants and Speakers, comply with the law and the Regulations, as well as immediately follow the orders of the security services. It is forbidden to terraces and blocking exits and escape routes, and other devices necessary in the event of rescue or fire-fighting operations during the Conference.
Participants and Speakers at the Conference are obliged to respect the rights and personal dignity of other Participants and Speakers. Participants and Speakers are subject to an absolute ban on harassing other Participants and Speakers. For harassment: offensive verbal comments on gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, intimidation, persecution, improper physical contact and unwanted sexual attention. In addition, during the Conference it is prohibited to use words and symbols commonly recognized as prohibited, including profanity or terms that may cause offense of religious or ideological feelings, and indications of discrimination.
It is forbidden to destroy markings and information boards, advertising media, devices and equipment on, etc. Participants and Speakers are required to use sanitary facilities only for their intended purpose.
Participants and Speakers are required to report immediately to PROIDEA all instances of inappropriate behavior (in particular those indicated in the above) other Participants or Speakers.
IX. Out-of-court dispute resolution
1. Any disputes that may arise between the Organiser and a Participant who is a consumer may be resolved on an amicable basis. For detailed information on the methods and access to forms of out-of-court dispute resolution, see:https://www.uokik.gov.pl/pozasadowe_rozwiazywanie_sporow_konsumenckich.php
2. Detailed information on the possibility of having recourse to an out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism, out-of-court dispute resolution as well as the rules of using these procedures, is also available at the offices and on the websites of:
a) county (municipal) consumer ombudsmen;
b) social organisations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection (including the Polish Consumer Federation, Association of Polish Consumers). Advice is provided by the Polish Consumer Federation through a free helpline 800 007 707 and by the Association of Polish Consumers at firstname.lastname@example.org);
c) Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection and on the following websites Internet of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection:
3. In the event of a dispute between the Organiser and a Participant who is a consumer concerning the agreement on participation in CONFidence the consumer shall be entitled to having recourse to an out-of-court complaint and redress mechanism, including by filing a complaint in one of the official languages of the European Union, including Polish, through the EU ODR online platform available at:http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
4. A Participant who is a consumer has the right to apply to the Provincial Inspector of the Trade Inspection, pursuant to Art. 36 of the Act on Trade Inspection of 15 December 2000, for initiation of mediation proceedings regarding amicable settlement of the dispute between the consumer and the Organiser. Information on the rules and procedure of the mediation conducted by the Provincial Inspector of the Trade Inspection is available at the offices and on the websites of individual Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection.
5. A Participant who is a consumer has the right to apply to the permanent consumer arbitration court referred to in Art. 37 of the Act on Trade Inspection of 15 December 2000, for resolution of the dispute arising under the concluded agreement.
6. Any disputes that may arise between the Organiser and a Participant who is not a consumer shall be resolved by the court competent for the Organiser.
X. Final Provisions
1. The User expresses his consent for delivery of Rules and Regulations in an electronic form in the PDF format.
2. Unless these Rules and Regulations stipulate otherwise, communications between PROIDEA and the User who sent the User or Speaker registration form, shall be executed by electronic means, for the User by means of the email address identified in the Account settings, and for PROIDEA by means of the following email address: email@example.com or another address in the proidea.org.pl domain.
3. If some of the provisions of these Rules and Regulations are deemed invalid or ineffective by the provisions of the law, the validity or effectiveness of the remaining provisions of these Rules and Regulations shall not be affected. In place of the invalid provision a rule shall be applied which represents the purpose of voided provision and the entire Rules and Regulations the closest.
5. Current version of Rules and Regulations is published on the Service webpage and delivered, free of charge, to the User at his demand to the email address identified by the User.
6. Rules and Regulations shall become valid on March 9th, 2019
7. PROIDEA reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations. The Users shall be informed about each and every amendment of these Rules and Regulations via a message uploaded to the Service, at 14 days before the planned amendment becoming effective. If the User does not consent for the changes in the Rules and Regulations he should inform PROIDEA about that fact within the provided period.
Absence of consent for the new text of the Rules and Regulations shall be deemed tantamount to termination of the Agreement mentioned in Article 3841 of the [Polish] Civil Code, and effective upon the expiry of the date provided for expressing the objections to the amendments in Rules and Regulations. Until the expiry of said term the User must observe the existing provisions.
TEMPLATE OF THE STATEMENT OF RESCISSION OF THE AGREEMENT